Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hospital

The waiting room
So recently I had to go to the Hospital here. With my background and 'luck' we all knew it was inevitable but even I was surprised I lasted this long here until my first visit.

The outside of the hospital called Boris.
Anyways, the other night I woke up and my face literally hurt to the touch. All night I rolled around in pain and eventually I got up to get some breakfast in the morning. My host mom took one look at me and started letting out a long slew of Russian concern and disgust from my face. Finally she said in English--what happened to your face?! So I ran to the bathroom to look in the mirror and my face was red and swollen HUGE--so big that my eyes were almost shut from the size of the swelling in my face.


Wellp I went to the doctor and they had no idea why it was swelling but injected me with a lot of steroids and I had to go back twice for two more treatments of it and now my face is somewhat back to normal. Jeesh.

2 comments:

  1. You should have put on a picture of your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very important to have contacts of good hospitals when you are travelling. This is much more important in Eastern Europe countries like Ukraine, because quality of medical services  there is often not very good. I created a directory of Ukrainian hospitals you may rely on while your travel to Ukraine. This travel directory also contains very useful information on accommodation, entertainments and transfers in Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete